What’s a girl to do after a mid-week run? Bake! I noticed my bananas were getting super ripe and knew of a recipe that I’ve been wanting to try from another food and fitness blog. Tonight I made Blueberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread – another recipe with no oil! The greek yogurt also adds protein and calcium. It was super easy and really good. I had to make up for my questionable brownies from the weekend.🙂
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Ingredients (1 loaf)
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- (If you like nuts you could also toss those in, but they weren’t part of the original recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Start by combining flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are gooey and liquid-like.
- Add sugars, eggs, and vanilla…
- And a dollop of Greek yogurt!
- Whisk until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. At this point, fold in the fresh (or frozen) blueberries!
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly.
- Pop into the oven and bake for one hour, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.